WHAT IS HEADSTART
HEADSTART is a European Union funded project in charge of defining a harmonized European testing and validation methodology of CAD functions including its key enabling technologies (i.e. V2X communication, cyber-security, positioning) and to demonstrate its benefits through different applied use-cases.
THE HEADSTART WEEK
The project is now almost halfway through its duration, so it is important for us to have the opportunity of presenting both the current results and the future activities as well.For this purpose, a whole week is organised with a daily webinar in which the results to date will be presented and dialogue with you directly as consensus building is one of the main objectives of the project.
These webinars will also be inter-active sessions engaging participants with questions and discussion: your opinion is important for HEADSTART!
The HEADSTART methodology in which we have harmonized different European initiatives and included Automated Driving key enabling technologies will be presented. A dedicated session for each of the selected use cases (Highway Pilot, Truck platooning and Traffic Jam Chauffeur) will follow, as well as a planning on how the validation methodology will be applied. In each of these use-case dedicated sessions, the participants will be able to discuss how to validate the AD driving function as well as how the KETs will be handled. Finally, a dedicated session on Cybersecurity as a transversal topic which has a great impact in CAD functions validation will be organised so as to discuss how HEADSTART addresses cybersecurity within the whole validation chain.
- Monday: 9:45 – 10:00 CET Presentation of the HEADSTART week
- Monday: 10:00 – 11:30 CET Overall methodology and processes for testing and validation of automated vehicles
- Tuesday: 10:00 – 11:30 CET HEADSTART validation methodology applied for the truck platooning use case
- Thursday: 10:00 – 11:30 CET Validation of use case: Traffic jam chauffer
- Friday: 10:00 – 11:30 CET Cybersecurity validation in automated driving
- Friday: 11:30 – 11:45 CET Wrap-up & lessons from HEADSTART WEEK webinar