Fundacion Centro De Tecnologias De Interaccion
Parque Científico y Tecnológico de Gipuzkoa
Mikeletegi 57, San Sebastian
Guipuzcoa 20009, Spain
Vicomtech is an applied research centre for Interactive Computer Graphics and Multimedia located in San Sebastian (Spain). It is a non-profit association, founded in 2001 as a joint venture by the Fraunhofer INIGraphicsNet Foundation and the EiTB Broadcasting Group.
Among its 120 employees, more than 80 are researchers. The role of Vicomtech in the market is to supply society with technology by transfer of primary research to industry. This is done through collaborative Research & Development projects. Vicomtech’s main research lines lay in the fields of computer vision, computer graphics and interaction; technologies which Vicomtech applies in multiple sectors. The main research group that will contribute to the execution of the project is Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) and Engineering Department which is currently working in the development of advanced computer vision and image analysis solution and semantic analysis of multimedia content solutions for the automotive and transport industry, interaction and security sectors. Some of the main research topics include hardware and software techniques for computer vision, semantic interpretation of scenes, automatic object detection, semantics advance algorithms for face and gaze tracking etc.
Main role in the project
VICOMTECH is contributing to the:
- Requirements for scenario definition, data formatting, interoperability of recordings and scenario generation;
- Provision of methodology for the data;
- Provision of experience in the testing of level 3 and level 4 of VI-DAS (specific use cases);
- Definition of the generic pipeline of the validation procedure;
- Link of the methodology with existing tools and finding gaps for the definition of the new required tools;
- Provision of experience of the Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) positioning.
- Development of specific searching tools for data and scenarios;
- Data Analysis Tools for test result comparison;
- Development of ECD (Environment Content Description) for homogenization and harmonization purposes based on the exiting Video Content Description (VCD) and Scenario Description (SCD);
- Technical and scientific paper publications;
- Congress assistance and participation in other technical dissemination and standardization activities.