Founded in 2001, Pildo is an engineering company specialized in the development of cutting-edge services for the aeronautical and sustainable mobility sectors, providing support in the research and development of more sustainable concepts and operations, both for the management of air traffic (ATM) and for intelligent transport systems (ITS).
Pildo’s capabilities include the complete life cycle, from the design of the system and the development of technology, to the implementation of the final operational service and its maintenance. The services are offered in a flexible and agile way based on the moderate size of the company, maintaining the independence from any system manufacturer. The high interaction between these four areas, and their fields of specialization, is the cornerstone of the company’s strategy and the main added value offered to customers.
The client portfolio includes most of the European public or private providers of air navigation services, airlines and helicopter operators. The company also has presence in Latin America and the United Kingdom. The company is known for leading the introduction of satellite navigation satellite services (Global Navigation Satellite Systems – GNSS) and the implementation of Performance Based Navigation (PBN) in the European aviation sector, through innovative and cost-effective solutions, as well as for its participation from the start in most of the related strategic initiatives.
In recent years, the company has diversified its activity with the entry into the Sustainable Mobility sector and intelligent transport systems (ITS). Its strategy is based on transferring the experience acquired in the aeronautical sector to the field of ITS for road vehicles, increasingly oriented towards connected and cooperative vehicles (as it has been for years in the aviation sector).
Main role in the project
PILDO is contributing to the:
- Definition of positioning Key Enabling Technology (KET) requirements, analysing the potential transferability of Aviation sector best practices;
- Identification of specific tools to be used for positioning Key Enabling Technology testing and validation and definition of harsh environmental conditions of particular relevance for the technologies under testing;
- Adaptation of testing and validation tools used for Aviation sector for positioning Key Enabling Technology analysis;
- Specification of the test procedure in the selected use cases for positioning (GNSS- Global Navigation Satellite Systems);
- Assessment of the positioning Key Enabling Technology methods;
Positioning Working Groups set up and dinamisation.